History of Parma Greece United Church of Christ
1834 Parma Greece Church was born on August 23 with 14 charter members that met in a little red school house
on Burritt Road. They took the Scripture of Truth for their only rule of faith and practice.
1841 In April, Sunday School was organized
1843 Since attendance had increased over the years, the group incorporated and adopted the name “Christ
Church of Parma and Greece”.
1844 Isaac Chase donated land and a chapel was erected at the site of the present church. It was called
1845 The Cobblestone Church was dedicated, In June, membership was up to 111.
1903 The Cobblestone Church was torn down and the present structure was built on the very same foundation
as the Cobblestone Church. The windows of the Cobblestone Church were put in the nave of the
sanctuary. On November 22, “Parma and Greece Christian Church” was dedicated
1957 Sunday School facilities and the Fellowship Hall were completed. The new facilities also provided child
and crib care and a modern kitchen. The facility was dedicated on October 20. The Congregational
Christian Churches and the Evangelical and Reformed Churches merged to form the United Church of
Christ. We became Parma Greece United Church of Christ.
2009 Celebrated 175th Anniversary